Join us for free webinars focusing on different issues and skill development for assessment practitioners. AALHE members can access previous webinars in the Member Portal.
Friday, April 28, 2017, 2:00-3:00 PM Eastern
Assessment coordinators/leaders need to think on their feet to answer faculty and campus administrators’ assessment-related questions. By having an effective, general approach to responding, they are more likely to give a well-delivered answer that bolsters their credibility and garners support. In this webinar, the presenters will describe an approach that includes the following: being student-centered, having context awareness, designing the physical space, listening, validating, attending to underlying values, responding authentically, and addressing resistance. The presenters will provide examples and resources.
Dr. Monica Stitt-Bergh, Associate Specialist, Assessment Office, University of Hawai‘i at Mānoa
Dr. Becky Dueben, Tutor Coordinator & Special Projects Liaison, Voiland College of Engineering & Architecture, Washington State University
AALHE members can access via the Member Portal.
Collecting Information Meaningful to Your Institution: A Practical Accreditation Strategy, Jane Marie Souza, January & March 2017
Show Me The Learning!, by Dr. Terrel Rhodes, March 2017
Ethical Reasoning: Defining, Teaching, Assessing, by Drs. Bill Hawk and Keston Fulcher, April 2016
- Engaging Faculty in the Assessment Process: Make it More About Teaching and Learning, by Dr. Catherine M. Wehlburg, April 2016
- Recognizing Excellence in Campus Assessment: Using the Excellence in Assessment Designation for Self-Assessment, by Drs. Teri Lyn Hinds and Natasha Jankowski, March 2016
- Implementation Fidelity Assessment: A Framework for Evidence-Based Decision Making, by Dr. John D. Hathcoat, Heather Harris, Madison Holzman, and Derek Sauder, January 2016
- Easy Predictors: Quickly Explore Your Data to Find Trends, Relationships, and Predictors, by Dr. David Eubanks, December 2015
- SharePoint As An Assessment Management Tool, by Drs. Jane Marie Souza and Keith Werosh, November 2015
- Curricular Mapping: See the Alignment of Course, Program, and Institutional Data with Links to Evidence of Student Learning, by Valerie Landau and Jocelyn Shadforth, November 2015
- Faculty Perspectives on Cultures of Assessment, by Dr. Matthew Fuller, October 2015
- The Many Faces of Assessment: Strategies for Effective Assessment of Co-curricular Programs, by Dr. Jeremy Penn, September 2015
- Building the Science of Learning Assessment, by Dr. David Dirlam, May 2014
- How to Use Credit Hour Compliance to Forward Authentic Assessment, by Drs. Marsha Watson and Kathleen Gorski, February 2014
- Faculty Engagement in Assessment Across Institutional Contexts, by Drs. Jeremy Penn and Catherine Wehlburg, September 2013