We are excited to announce that pre-conference professional development workshops will be offered at the 2018 AALHE Annual Conference! These pre-conference workshops will be held on Monday, June 4, 2018, in Salt Lake City, before the opening conference plenary.
We invite members with expertise in a specific assessment topic to propose either a 3-hour or a 6-hour professional development workshop.
Deadline: Friday, November 10, 2017
Notice of acceptance: no later than December 31, 2017
Workshop date: Monday June 4, 2018, before the conference begins (3-hour workshops will be assigned to either a morning or afternoon time and 6-hour workshops will include both morning and afternoon times).
Honorarium: An honorarium of $250 per 3-hour workshop or $500 per 6-hour workshop will be paid per workshop (not per presenter) no later than June 30, 2018. Please indicate in your proposal how you would like the honorarium distributed (e.g., all to the primary presenter, evenly split between presenters, waived, etc.).
· Pre-Conference professional development workshops should provide participants with:
o opportunities to acquire or extend skills, learn new techniques, or gain in-depth knowledge;
o a mixture of individual/group activities, exercises, demonstrations, discussions, and lecture-style teaching; and
o practical knowledge that participants can bring to their home campus/organization.
· Workshop topics should directly address learning outcomes assessment in higher education.
· Workshop participants will pay an additional fee to attend and must register for the AALHE Annual Conference.
· We will reimburse reasonable costs to produce handout materials. If your handout costs will be extensive, please note this in your proposal.
· Facilitators may not use the workshop to sell any product or service or to promote a book, vendor, or commercial venture.
· Proposals will be reviewed by the AALHE Conference & Events Committee.
· The Call for Proposals for sessions taking place during the conference will be sent later this fall.
· Pre-conference workshops presented in 2017 can be viewed here: http://www.aalhe.org/mpage/2017PreConference.
The Association for the Assessment of Learning in Higher Education (AALHE) conference features small sessions, networking excursions, nationally-known speakers, skill building and more. Join us in Salt Lake City, Utah from June 4 - 7, 2018.
Registration will open in January, 2018.